- The Bluebonnet is the official song of the state flower.
- It is illegal to sell one's eye
- A program has been created in the state that attempts to control the weather.
It is illegal to milk another person's cow.
- A recently passed anticrime law requires criminals to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed.
- The entire Encyclopedia Britannica is banned in Texas because it contains a formula for making beer at home.
- Possible Non-Sales Tax day for anyone purchasing a handgun
- In Texas, it's against the law for anyone to have a pair of pliers in his or her possession.
- In Corpus Christie, Texas, it is illegal to raise alligators in your home.
- In Galveston, Texas, it is illegal to have a camel run loose in the street!
- In Texas, it is still a "hanging offense" to steal cattle.
- You may not shoot a buffalo from the second story of a hotel.
- It is Texas law that when two trains meet each other at a railroad crossing, each shall come to a full stop, and neither shall proceed until the other has gone.
- In Texas, no one other than a registered pharmacist may sell condoms or other kinds of contraceptives "on the street or other public places.
- A recently passed anti-crime law requires criminals to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed.
- In Lefors, it is illegal to take more than three swallows of beer at any time while standing.
- In San Antonio, it is illegal for both sexes to flirt or respond to flirtation using the eyes and/or hands.